Draw close to the cross. Draw closer to Jesus.
Explore Calvary through the eyes of people who were there when Jesus Christ was arrested and nailed to a Roman cross. Who were they? What did they see, and hear, and feel? What did they do? What can their experiences teach us?
Were You There When They Crucified Our Lord? Meditations on Calvary reads between the lines of scripture, delving into those questions with six chapters of:
- scripture readings;
- insightful meditations;
- powerful new songs;
- thought-provoking discussion questions;
- opening and closing prayers.
The book is available in paperback and Kindle editions.
Musicians might prefer the facing-page layout of music scores in the paperback version.
Study leaders who use projection screens might appreciate the convenience and accuracy of copy-and-pasting lyrics from the ebook version into PowerPoint.
Every chapter includes at least one song with new lyrics set to existing tunes. Don’t have an accompanist handy? Go to the Audio page here at Faith Songs, and download the instrumental audio files to sing along with. You’ll also find rehearsal tracks for the solo and duet songs, plus a few live recordings.
Printable handouts of the interactive scripture reading and discussion questions can be downloaded on the Resources page.
- A series of after-dinner programs presented by a study leader and music team. This can easily be done in any size church. Simply choose the music options that suit your available resources and preferences.
For example, the material for Were You There When They Crucified Our Lord? Meditations on Calvary originated with a weekly Lenten soup-and-study series hosted by my local churches, which are small congregations. I presented the meditations and led the scripture readings, discussions, and group songs. Three musically inclined church members presented the Marys’ duet and two solo songs.
- A small group Bible study
- Private devotional reading. The paperback and Kindle editions both include the song lyrics in text format for easy reading on your own. If the spirit moves, go ahead and sing all the songs solo!
- Music. Most of the songs written for this study are suitable for use in inspirational programs and worship services, especially during Holy Week.
Order your copies of Were You There When They Crucified Our Lord? Meditations on Calvary at:
Ordering hint to help me: If you order direct from CreateSpace (my book printer/distributor), Amazon does not take a cut from the author’s royalties.
Ordering hint to help you: If you need more than 6 paperback copies and money is an issue, pop me a message on my contact form, and I’ll arrange a discount for you on CreateSpace.