Welcome to my corner of the universe! I’m excited to tell you about my writing, art, ministry, and life in general.
I focus on the Holy Spirit’s daily direction rather than any particular genre. So far, my Holy Ghostwriter has led me to write:
- Hymns and faith songs
- Church skits and longer dramas
- Bible studies
- Mystery and women’s fiction
- Puppet ministry scripts and how-to
Once upon a time I exhibited photographs in art shows and galleries. Nowadays I use my images primarily in digital design projects like book covers and note cards—and, of course, on this web site. I’ve also done a bit of acrylic painting (on canvas and on my house—I won’t say which came out better).
I’ve been a certified Lay Speaker (recently renamed Lay Servant) in the United Methodist Church since 1997. I’m not clergy, so I don’t marry, bury, or baptize people. The role of Lay Speaker/Lay Servant includes:
- Leading worship
Writing and art are creative ways to do all those things.
Education and Work
- B.A. in Psychology from Cornell University.
- In 2007 I retired from the New York State Department of Labor. My 32-year career as a clerk, employment interviewer, unemployment insurance claims examiner, trainer, and manager honed my technical writing skills and taught me a lot about the human condition.
- I’ve been a dairy farm wife since 1973. Trust me, this fits both halves of “Education and Work.”
- I’m a member of the Hymn Society of the U.S. and Canada, which is a sort of continuing education.
- I’ve served on faculty at Montrose Christian Writers Conference and learned a great deal there about the craft, the life, and the business of writing.
A farm wife must have a farm husband, right? Mine is named Bill. We met at Cornell, married in my home state of Maine, settled in his home state of New York, and raised two children. Theresa Olin (AKA Diva Daughter) sings with the Houston Symphony Chorus. Her exquisite soprano vocals grace several songs on my YouTube channel.
Links to News and Interviews
Linda Bonney Olin, a God-Centered Writer from the U.S. Interview by Kiriti Sengupta, June, 2013
“Farm Wife Writes with Hope and Humor” Ag Connection News March 12, 2013
Meet the Author – Linda Bonney Olin May 14, 2012
Lent Bible Study Announcement Tri-Town News, February 23, 2012