A reminder for my fine-feathered friends who need a little motivation to turn their writing-for-publication dreams into reality:
- If you never start writing the first draft, you’ll never finish the manuscript.
- If you never finish it, you’ll never submit it.
- If you never submit it, you’ll never publish it.
- If you never publish it, no one will ever read it.
- If no one ever reads it … you, and your could-have-been readers, and the Lord who gave you the dream, will all miss out.
Same goes for all the other kinds of projects you’re still sitting on, writing-related and otherwise.
So don’t just sit there. Start hatching!
What are my new ideas?
- Compile and publish a book of my hymn lyrics set to existing hymn tunes. I’ve got about 75 new ones, ready to get kicked out of the nest.
- Develop a book and video tutorial to help other poets try their hands at writing hymn texts and setting their verse to music.
- Finish my Christmas Eve cantata. That project’s been incubating for over ten years!
- Last, but not least, do whatever my Holy GhostWriter scribbles on my to-do list.
What new projects are you hatching for the new year? Please share in a comment!